Seal Software is exciting, well-funded and fast-paced with lots of opportunity for employees to make an impact; with real visibility and access to our founding executive leadership. We are a company of well-seasoned professionals who work to win together, growing 100% in revenues and employees every year since our founding in 2010. We have a passion for delivering high value solutions, and are proud to be the solution-of-choice for a growing number of Fortune 500 companies.
Seal Software is the leading provider of contract discovery, data extraction, and analytics software solutions. With Seal’s machine learning and natural language processing technologies, companies can find contracts of any type across their networks, quickly understand what risks or opportunities are hidden in their contracts, and place them in a centralized repository. Based in the San Francisco Bay Area, Seal empowers enterprises around the world to maximize revenue opportunities, reduce costs, and mitigate risks associated with contractual documents.
Seal has been recognized with numerous awards, including Red Herring’s Top 100, Legal Tech’s Innovation Awards, ABA’s Stevie Award for innovation, and most recently the IACCM Member’s Choice Award for innovation.
If you have a passion for delivering high value solutions to Fortune 500 customers, and want to work with a great team in a fast-growing company, then we want to speak with you!
Seal Software is the leading provider of contract discovery, data extraction, and analytics software solutions. With Seal’s machine learning and natural language processing technologies, companies can find contracts of any type across their networks, quickly understand what risks or opportunities are hidden in their contracts, and place them in a centralized repository. Seal empowers enterprises around the world to maximize revenue opportunities, reduce costs, and mitigate risks associated with contractual documents. Seal has been recognized with numerous awards, including Red Herring’s Top 100, Legal Tech’s Innovation Awards, ABA’s Stevie Award for innovation, and most recently the IACCM Member’s Choice Award for innovation.
Reporting to the VP Customer Success, we are currently seeking a talented Pre-Sales Solutions Consultant to partner with Seal’s Sales, Account Management, and Customer Success teams to develop value propositions for our products and conduct pre-sales presentations to sign Seal’s most strategic, high-profile prospects. You will be responsible for all technical aspects of proposed solutions working in close partnership with the Product Management, Engineering, and Post-Sales Services.
You must be available to travel up to 50% of the time.
For this job, you'll bring extensive pre-sales experience with enterprise software selling within large Fortune 500 companies, a strong technical background, and detailed knowledge of web technologies and enterprise SaaS applications. You must have a strong background in technology, internet protocols, sales, systems information management and systems design, including experience in consultative selling or solution-based sales. You also enjoy working with people and technology, and as such you have both the ability to interact with engineering teams as well as excellent relationship-building and communication skills.
- Collaborate with Sales, Account Management, and Customer Success teams to identify and create winning sales strategies and new product opportunities
- Communicate Seal’s value proposition to varying technical and non-technical clients, including executive ''C'' level management, VP, and Director levels, and end-users
- Propose and/or design technical solutions to meet prospect's business, technical, and/or financial goals
- Support and respond, in an effective and timely manner, on RFI / RFPs
- Implement and manage Proof of Concepts (on premise/hosted)
- Provide custom demos
- Support and setup tradeshow demos
- Partner with Sales to develop requirements documents, presentations, proposals, and ROI models, and coordinate with a team of support specialists, consultants, or project managers to execute sales objectives or to ensure that all pre-sales customer requirements are documented and transitioned
- Maintain expert knowledge of Seal products to develop and present unique solutions, and maintain knowledge of emerging trends in technology
- Work closely with Product Managers and Engineering by providing feedback from information gathered during pre-sales projects
- Must be available to travel up to 50% of the time
- BA/BS degree preferred with a strong academic record; technical degree strongly preferred
- 5+ years of Technical Sales or Field Sales experience (sales engineering or consulting experience preferred)
- Proven ability to adapt your presentations to the technical level of the audience, and comfort with presenting technical materials to large groups
- Contract Lifecycle Management experience a plus
- Ability to speak directly to technical teams and provide in depth understanding of Seal products and platforms
- Successful experience presenting to Sr. level executives in Corporate Legal, Procurement, Sales and Finance
- Extensive experience and expertise in demonstrating and developing solutions in the areas of Contract Management, BI or Enterprise Content Management
- Working knowledge of one or more of the following business areas:
- Contract Lifecycle Management Technologies
- eDiscovery Processes and supporting technologies
- Enterprise BI Platforms
- Salesforce.com or similar CRM
- Previous experience with a major systems integrator and/or an expertise software company preferred
- Resolves clients' application questions or problems in the areas of application, system configurations/setup, product functionality and business enhancements
- Create development "bug" reports, FAQ's, and knowledge base articles as appropriate
- Keeps customer informed of how and when problems are resolved
- Involved in any additional follow-up testing and troubleshooting
- Install standard upgrades/updates/patches/releases as necessary, investigate, research, replicate test and resolve client issues in a timely manner (off hours upgrades required)
- Mollify and diffuse client problems through effective listening skills, positive action, information gathering and/or ticket escalation
- Prioritize, balance, multi-task competing issues with deference to urgency, length of outstanding time and political sensitivety
- Promotes and maintains a high quality, professional, service oriented company image among user
- Windows Server experience
- TCP/IP networking skills
- After hours (on call) support
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record managing sucessful Professional Services engagements for an enterprise software company:
- New grads are welcome!
- Experience in the IT industry
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and analysis required
We would like you to be proficient/experienced in at least two of the skills below
- Experience with java based applications
- Experience with the Apache/Lamp stack
- Experience with SQL (especially Postgres)
- Experience with CouchDB
- Experience with Solr
- Experience with open source software
Preferred but NOT required
- Knowledge of java development
- Knowledge of a scripting language like Perl, Python, Ruby, etc.
- Contract Lifecycle Management, Content or Document Management Technology
- Technical Support experience in the enterprise software industry
Some of Our Customers