Training is directly linked to the success rate of technology deployments & enterprise system projects. The Seal Skills Builder Series tackles user adoption challenges with tailored on-demand learning services addressing commonly asked questions and providing user support.
You are working in the Seal environment and decide that, based on the queries you’ve designed, you want to export the values associated with the contracts into an external .CSV (Comma Separated Values) file to share with others for analysis.
You can use the CSV to initiate conversations with your peers by sharing directly, importing into third-party software (i.e. BI tool), or simply analyzing and reporting on the data using this standard format. Always remember, a CSV can be converted to any other type of delimited report. This method allows for mobility outside of a direct API or Database communication, which we also provide methods of reporting for.
When creating an export view, you are given the opportunity to select only those fields and values that you are interested in exporting out of Seal.
In our example below, we are using AutoRenewal, ContractingParties, and ContractType as the fields and values we want to export for relevant documents.
Creating an Export View
Creating an Export View allows users with the correct permissions to download formatted CSV files that pertain to a set of contracts. The specific fields to export are chosen by building an Export View. Here’s how in 10 easy steps:
1. Login to Seal
2. Go to your username in the top right corner
3. Click on your username
4. Go to ‘My views’ in the dropdown menu
5. Once under the My Views page, go to the Export views section and click on the “+” icon to add a view.
6. You will now see a dialog like the following to give the view a name and set incremental and date parameters. In this case, we used “Export_View_Sample” as the view name and chose “No” for Incremental.
- ‘View Name’ – The name of the view to present to the users
- ‘Incremental’ – Yes = only export items previously not exported. No = export all items
- ‘Date Format’ – The format for dates within the export file
7. Once you have this information populated, make sure to press “Create”.
8. When your Export View is created, go to the view and “Select” it.
9. Select those fields/attributes you want to export for all contracts selected on this view.
You can select one at a time and drag OR Shift-Select or CTRL-Select multiple and click the arrow to move the selected attributes over.
10. Finally, DON’T forget to press SAVE on the bottom right.
And there you have it, you have just created an Export view in Seal. Stay tuned for next week’s blog where we will walk through how to use the Export View that you have created.
Help us provide more how-to tips that you would like to know about. Please send your questions and suggestions to email@example.com. For more information on the Seal platform and how the Seal team can assist you in the skill acquisition process, visit our Learning Services page.