The Seal Discovery and Analytics platform is the undisputed industry leader in contract analytics; saving Global 2000 companies millions, whilst reducing corporate risk and revealing revenue enhancement opportunities.
The new release of the platform (V6) establishes three pillars of enterprise readiness – expanding the range of content types, analysis, and business use case capabilities.
- Scalability: With twice the performance criteria of the V5 framework, “smart” installers, and multi-node support, the new platform handles a full range of document sets – from thousands to millions
- Extensibility: A new semantic engine adds speed and versatility – including support for third-party document sets (i.e., DocuSign Envelopes and related documents)
- Insight acceleration: The new Seal Integration Engine (SIE) extends the capabilities of the Seal Logic Engine (SLE), enabling plug-and-play integrations with third-party systems such as DocuSign
Together, these pillars are game-changing for businesses seeking insights from their islands of unstructured documents. To help companies understand and maximize the value of the insights revealed by Seal, the Seal Customer Success team offers a business-based analysis to help identify and prioritize projects with the most potential for savings, risk reduction and revenue enhancement. With each successive project compounding value, the Seal platform is driving deeper and broader adoption and productivity improvements.
Contracts are one of the critical data set in any organization, but the least mined and some of the hardest to find and use within a digital transformation (DX) or strategic analysis processes.
IDG predicts that within two years 60% of enterprises will have a digital transformation (DX) platform strategy and be in the process of implementing it as a means of remaining competitive within their industry sector.
Top performing companies are incorporating contract analytics platform within their digital transformation eco-system. Scalability, extensibility and insight acceleration capabilities that reduce the ‘Time to Answers’ are prerequisites for mining large volumes of contracts in a meaningful and timely manner.
With the release of version 6.1 of the Seal Platform and Accelerator packs, Seal continues to deliver transformative solutions that add strategic value.
Version 6.X Release Highlights
- Insight Acceleration packs for streamlining the addition of advanced analytics to solve specific business use-case challenges
- DocuSign integration – support for search and analysis across all DocuSign instances and envelopes
- DocuSign Enterprise Metadata support
- Doubling the performance of two core metrics, document ingestion, and data value extraction, while reducing index storage requirements
- A faster, more scalable and versatile semantic engine supporting a larger volume and a broader range of content types and natural language search and analysis requirements
- A faster and more extensive Natural Language Processing (NLP) rules engine supporting new and improved insight capabilities including UDML processing
- New and enhanced core models including contract term, contract term (calculated), ISO contract term and renewal notices dates, anti-bribery, payment terms, non-solicitation, right of first refusal, renewal, arbitration binding
- Scalability – up and down – including micro-services capabilities and a Seal Proxy Service which provides a high-performance proxy, load balancer with a high availability layer
- Enhancements to the Seal Logic Engine (SLE), and Seal Integration Engine (SIE), including pre-& post processing workflow and Single Sign-on (SSO), extended decision logic and Excel business knowledge (decision table) authoring functionality
- Enhancements to the Analyze This Now Word add-in
- New Google Docs Analyze This Now Word add-on
AI & “Machine Learning”
Seal uses five specific technologies that are associated with narrow focus artificial intelligence (AI), for simplicity we often refer to this set of AI technologies as “machine learning”. Narrow focus AI is the application of specific AI technologies to specific uses cases. Narrow focus AI differs from wide focus “question and answer” AI systems like IBM’s Watson that require data scientists and vast quantities of pertinent content to train and maintain. A narrow focus AI, like Seal’s, is easier to deploy and can be used and maintained without any special training or skills. This user friendly, out-of-the-box approach overcomes one of the biggest challenges CIO’s have associated with AI – the need and challenge of acquiring AI skills.2(Gartner 2018 CIO Agenda Report).
Seal Artificial Intelligence Technologies:
OCR: Optical Character Recognition is the conversion of images of text into digital and searchable text
NLP: Natural Language Processing is the ability for a computer to understand and process human language/s
Text Analytics: The process that derives information from written text by using pattern recognition
Semantic Analytics: Automates the process of reasoning through construction of natural language concepts
Machine Learning: Is the ability for a software solution to learn without being explicitly programmed
To learn more about AI technology: click here
Discovery & Identification
Before contracts can be managed, they must be located and subjected to an on-boarding process. Historically, companies underestimate the volume of contracts and the time and cost of on-boarding. Seal Discovery overcomes this challenge by automating the location and identification process, scanning multiple locations and the available metadata for relevant documents. Once identified as a possible contract, Seal’s on-boarding process automates the very mundane processes by:
- Creating a searchable version with support for non-English languages
- Eliminating duplicates
- Identification of near-duplicates for manual review
- Importation into centralized repository (optional)
One of the biggest benefits to the discovery process is the creation of a centralized search and access to contracts currently scattered or lost in SharePoint, Ariba, CLM, Dropbox, Box, DocuSign and OpenText repositories. To lean more: click here
Seal extraction is not the simple skimming of a document for key words and file information to place in metadata fields. Of course, it can do this simplistic function – but the Seal Machine Learning capabilities do much more to add value. The Seal extraction process’s accuracy, speed and volume exceeds that of other systems and manual Legal Process Outsourcers (LPOs).
Seal “layers” each document creating an intricate multi-dimensioned abstraction of the document. Each document abstraction begins with basic file information, formatting information, and document details – including searchable text, images, and tables. Once this step is complete, the the Natural Language Processing (NLP) process begins, identifying and abstracting information specified in defined policies that match the document’s type and categorization.
There are three policy types: standard Seal policies, optional use case specific policies (i.e. Procurement Insight), and User-Defined Machine Learning (UDML). Augmentation of the process with Seal Logic Engine enables pre-& post-processing tasks as well as calculation using the information that becomes available during the process. The possibilities are endless; a common use is the calculation of a contract’s expiration date when the contract only specifies start data and duration. All values, extracted or calculated, are captured and optimized to speed the search, review and analysis processes. The dynamic nature of Seal’s patented extraction model eliminates the tradition problems of missing or out-of-date metadata.
Analytics & Insights
Seal analytics is the oracle for seeking answers and insight. The intuitive Seal UI masks a very sophisticated set of AI technologies, including Seal’s own latent semantic indexing (LSI) engine that requires no pre-defined policies to look for never-before-seen clauses and data points. The results are fast and easily classified. The classified results “tune” the system through active-learning, improving accuracy. While the analytics/LSI indexes and the extraction indexes are independent, the user leverages all indexes when they type in a query. They can tune the results to look for very specific examples or for all possible examples, depending on their need. Answers are presented in the UI and optionally through reports and dashboards that can improve team productivity and strategic insights.
The Seal Logic Engine (SLE) enables the application of business logic to enhance further control over which documents to process, the entity extraction process - including the calculation of values, dates, the normalization of contract parties’ names, the inclusion of external process and more. Any information extracted from the contract/document or DocuSign envelope can be used within a workflow. Designed to enhance digital operations, data flow, and information integrity, the new logic engine capabilities simplify the digital transformation of the contract and system of agreement (SofA) processes.Digital Transformation Integration
The Seal Integration Engine (SIE) extends the capabilities of the Seal Logic Engine (SLE), enabling plug-and-play integrations with third-party apps such as DocuSign. The SIE performs and provides the following:
- Document fetch (Word and PDF) from external locations (i.e., DocuSign Envelopes and documents) that supports both push and pull modes
- Update Seal when changes are made in the original source
- Synchronization of DocuSign metadata – including some or all of the Enterprise Metadata
- Pass documents into the core SLE where a pre-processing step may be executed before the documents are imported into the Seal platform using a dedicated import component
- A REST API for use in integration with third-party systems and tools
- A user interface for admins & application users, with dashboard and notifications for monitoring activities
- Using the standard documented system requirements as a baseline, the SEI performance estimate is 1000 documents/minute (Test based on the standard DocuSign Envelope fetch, process, and import process).
Some of Our Customers